Re: How do I know whether I really acitivate libburn as current backend?

Hi,

Le mardi 02 septembre 2008 à 11:54 +0800, kou yu a écrit :
The version of Brasero I am using is 0.8.1.

I used --enable-libburnia when compiling.

after "configure /options/" was run, did you have any "Build libburnia plugins : yes" line?
if so, so far so good.
After install brasero, I used gconftoo-2 to acitivate libburn like this:
$ gconftool-2 -s -t int /apps/brasero/config/priority/libburn-burn 1
        #The original value is 0.

remove that leave it to 0, that'll give full priority to libburn. if you set it to -1 then you disable libburn. anything greater than 0 replaces the default priority value for the plugin and since libburn has the highest of all priorities you probably disable it in lots of cases.

This is the only place I can find libburn things in gconf database.
I can not find /apps/brasero/config/libburn_burn or libburn_iso, as
mentioned in http://www.gnome.org/projects/brasero/
That's old news =(.
$ gconftool-2 --all-entries /apps/brasero/config  # This is what I got
from /apps/brasero/config
 plugins = [File checksum]
 engine-group =
 immed_flag = false
 minbuf_value = 0

That's fine, don't worry it's used for cdrecord/wodim plugin in some extreme cases.
The second and more important problem is "How can I know whether I'm
using libburn to burn CD/DVD after I acitivate it with gconf
successfully?"
Is there a sign or a prompt to show me something like this "libburn is
your current backend" or "libburn is working" , etc?

if you really want to make sure, run brasero with -g switch in a console and when you burn a disc there should be libburn messages.

Now, if you just left brasero as is, libburn will be automatically selected every time it can be used, that is in 90% of the cases. The priorities are set so that it has the highest.
There aren't any message about the backend used not to confuse users that shouldn't have to worry about which plugin is used anyway.

cheers,
Philippe