Re: Start releasing betas/rc for 0.8.0

Le mardi 20 mai 2008 à 18:32 +0100, Luis Medinas a écrit :
I think we are getting svn trunk stable and ready for some testing.
Should we start releasing 0.7.9[0]/1/2/3 to get some testing around ?
Also i think we should support 0.8.x series a bit more than we used
too because the opensource rules is more like release often.
Now that lots of distros ship brasero by default it will be easier to
maintain it if we support the stable series more time than getting
svn trunk wild.

Opinions ?
Hi,

I agree. I committed my last feature to trunk today. As far as I'm concerned I'm ready for 0.8.x. There is a lot to test.

As for support I'll try to behave this time and not destabilize everything =) as soon as 0.8.0 is out. I'll probably create a new branch for video to avoid problems.

So now, we have to edit NEW file (I'll do it some time tomorrow or Tuesday) and roll the tarballs for a 0.7.90 release followed by 0.8.0 one month later (translators will need some time to translate all the help documentation).

Do you agree?

Cheers
Philippe