Re: port Brasero to opensolaris

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 10:29 +0800, Lin Ma wrote:
> Luis,
>
> Thanks for your quick response.
Hi Lin

> I'm afraid that gst-plugins-bad is really outside of the core
> repository/set (sorry for my bad terms) of many disto, e.g. it's in
> Ubuntu-multiverse. And in OpenSolaris, it will probably be in "contrib"
> or some similar repositories. That will prevent my putting Brasero into
> "core" repository. Anyway it's great to hear that.
>
> So do we have a plan to make it optional?
>
>From my part i think we should do because indeed it needs
gst-plugins-bad because of rganalisys (replay gain) element and just
like other plugins it should be optional but Philippe as a final word
for this. We should think how we should do it since we already make
gstreamer optional with --enable-preview so a way to avoid "circular"
dependencies is to remove the optional preview and build it at buildtime
and just make normalization optional. Also to avoid the gst-plugins-bad
dependency we also need to move normalization from the current transcode
because transcode only needs -good.
> For my sequent steps, I will file bugs on bugzilla. Hope you and
> Philippe may review my patches.

Sure we are here to help you.

> PS, Here's my little Gnome background :)
> I have worked for
> 1) gnome-system-log, my patch hasn't been accepted yet.
> 2) Gamin and GIO, I have implemented the Solaris file event notification
> backend for them. I have been working on GIO trunk and commit my patch.

Good to know that you're a gnome hacker too specially doing a good job
for solaris users (i'm not) i think they will like :).
> Thanks,
> lin

Cheers
Luis