port Brasero to opensolaris

Hi Brasero gurus,

I am Lin Ma working for Sun, my recent job is to port Brasero to opensolaris. Brasero is a great tool, I'd like work for it. So I will really appreciate if you have any comments and suggestions for me. That will help me a lot.

I have two questions now.
1. I currently found Brasero supports two scsi backends, one is for Linux, the other is for Freebsd. So my question is what purpose the scsi backend is. It seems it is used to get some disk/medium information, right?

2. I noticed from 0.7.90 and above (including the trunk), Brasero burn-normalize plugin depends on gst-plugin-bad. I think gst-plugin-bad is not included in many Linux disto (opensolaris either), do we really need this dependency, is there any other methods to implement the same functionalities?

Thanks,
lin

--
Lin Ma