Re: Plugins and 0.7 features

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 18:00 +0200, Philippe Rouquier wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently working on the last of the features I want to see in
> 0.6.90 (audio track splitting). I've nearly finished though it doesn't
> go as fast as I would. I hope to be able to commit that before next
> week end otherwise that will be next week around Wednesday. Let's give
> us a week or two to iron out the last obvious bugs and then we could
> release 0.6.90 for testing ? What do you think about this schedule ?
> About a cdrskin plugin, I'm not sure. The API changes only occured in
> libisofs. That's here the real problem. A direct libburn plugin gives
> us additional control over certain areas. Now, I'm not dead against a
> plugin for cdrskin. It's true that it could help in some situation
> maybe. But IMO we should also keep the libburn one.
> Adding python support: we need to know what for. Is it for the burn
> backend or to create views like a tracker search view, ... I would be
> in favour of waiting till 0.9 and then we could "pluginize" the views.
Hi

Right now i'm finishing the vala bindings for burning plugins which i
already posted on planet gnome to get some feedback from the vala
hackers (i don't know vala very well) and i'm finishing tracker support
for search. About dbus i tried again but it didn't when so well again.
I've thought about libburn and you're right it gives more control to
than cdrskin. The plus about this is that we don't need to change the
plugin everytime.
>From now i've been testing trunk as much as i can to fix any bug. A
problem we have currently as that we depend of gtk+ 2.11.6 and not every
user has this because there isn't any distro shipping it right now. We
should wait for the major distros release to release brasero 0.7.0.

Btw... can we get more help testing trunk please ?