Re: planning ahead, sort of :) August 2nd.

On 7/21/05, Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 18:44 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > Also, you meet charming people like the Best Employee Ever(tm), Robert Love.
>
> You know as well as I that that's not an award.

To paraphrase giblets[1][2], Best Employee Ever(tm) is a moral
property, Joe. It does not reflect what Robert has done, but what
Robert intrinsically is. It is not reducible to natural properties
like 'winning lucite trophies' or 'writing good code' or 'showing up
for work sober.' It is, rather, an irreducible moral property that can
be intuitied when Best Employee Ever(tm)-ness is present.

thus endeth the lesson-
Luis, preparing to write his enduring management opus, 'Animal House:
Managing the Boon Way'

[1] who is my co-pilot
[2]http://fafblog.blogspot.com/2004_10_10_fafblog_archive.html