Re: libfluidsynth1 depends on libjack

   Hi!

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 11:30:01PM +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
Our AppImage includes libfluidsynth1 as hard Beast dependency, but that in turn
depens on libjack-jackd2-0 which is *not* included in the AppImage. The reason
libjack.so.0.1.0 is not included is that it's blacklisted by the AppImage tools,
because it tends to be tightly coupled to jackd:

  https://github.com/AppImage/AppImages/blob/master/excludelist

So basically, because of Beast depending on libfluidsynth.so.1, and that
depending on libjack.so.0.1.0, Beast cannot be run on Fedora eventhough it does
not *USE* libjack.so.0.1.0:

$ ./beast-0.13.0-alpha-341-g36a856c.x64.AppImage
./beast-0.13.0-alpha-341-g36a856c.x64.AppImage: error while loading shared
libraries: libjack.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can you look into whether it's feasible for us to build a libfluidsynth version
(on bionic) that's good enough to fulfill the requirements of libbse, but not
link against libjack?

It is relatively simple. Fluidsynth is switching to cmake, automake is
deprecated, so here is a shell script that will build fluidsynth using cmake
without all kinds of stuff we don't need anyway.

#!/bin/bash

set -e -x
wget --continue https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/archive/v1.1.11.tar.gz

tar xf v1.1.11.tar.gz
mkdir -p build
cd build
cmake ../fluidsynth-1.1.11 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/beast \
  -Denable-dbus=0 \
  -Denable-ipv6=0 \
  -Denable-jack=0 \
  -Denable-midishare=0 \