jack-driver & jack_ringbuffer

   Hi!

Now that I ported jack-driver to the new beast (jack-driver branch),

  https://github.com/swesterfeld/beast/issues/6
  https://github.com/swesterfeld/beast/tree/jack-driver

I wonder I should eliminate my ringbuffer implementation which
currently lives in the driver code and use jack_ringbuffer instead.

Pro:
 - we get rid of hand written, non trivial lock-free ringbuffer code
   and use a standard solution, which is well-tested and used elsewhere

Con:
 - we don't have a ringbuffer for other parts of the beast code if
   jack is not available

I tend to using jack_ringbuffer, it would make the driver easier to maintain. I
didn't try porting that yet, but I believe it is feasible.

Stefan Westerfeld, http://space.twc.de/~stefan