mmap()ing .bse file binary appendixes

   Hi!

Tim, I've been working on the SpectMorph file format in the last days, and
during performance optimization one important improvement is achieved by
mmap()ing the SpectMorph files. Its faster, I assume, because no syscalls need
to be made to parse the file, and reading big chunks of data (such as the
parameters of one SpectMorph Audio object) can be done using memcpy().

So I was wondering if it would be possible for beast to provide a mmap()ed
version of binary appendixes, in case SpectMorph models are included within
.bse files. Of course it would be possible, but not necessarily as efficient,
to fall back to normal read operations in that case.

If you think it should be done using mmap(), I volunteer to provide a merge
request for this.

Any thoughts welcome.

Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan