Re: Current status of OpenBSD BEAST

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 07:14:58PM +0000, chris.wareham@btopenworld.com wrote:
> > > Also on other platforms soundcard.h may implement other audio API
> > > so checking for openbsd build host may be appropriate.
> >
> > i've looked at quite a few audio drivers so far, and i've not found
> > an indication that that would be the case. unless you have a concrete
> > example to show soundcard.h being used for something else on some
> > platform, i tend to assume it covers the OSS API.
>
> I cannot speak for FreeBSD, but /usr/include/soundcard.h on NetBSD
> describes an OSS compatible layer on top of the native audio
> driver.
>
> I am currently away from home, but looking forawrd to testing the
> new release on NetBSD. I will attempt to do this on a NetBSD
> machine in the first week of January, and if successfull will
> post patches for Beast's pkgsrc/wip entry to the maintainer.

That's me.

For building on NetBSD, it used to be necessary to do something like:
sed -e 's|#include <sys/soundcard.h>|#include <soundcard.h>|'

This is no longer necessary under NetBSD-current, because sys/soundcard.h
is a symlink to the real deal.

This is no longer necessary under older releases of NetBSD, because in
/usr/pkgsrc/mk/ossaudio.buildlink2.mk there is logic to put sys/soundcard.h
in the compiler's include path.

I'll be glad to look at the patches when they're ready.

Thank you,

Ben
--
A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.