Re: Current status of OpenBSD BEAST

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 chris.wareham@btopenworld.com wrote:
>
>> Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > how do other packages that come with libraries or link against
>> > libraries deal with this on bsd?
>> >

>> Inform the linker where to automatically look for libraries. For
>> instance, if Beast is going to be installed into /usr/local, then
>> the following would be passed to the linker via gcc:
>>
>> -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib
>
> why isn't libtool taking care of this automatcially on BSDs then?

/usr/local/lib IS included in standard search path for shared
libraries. Also LD_LIBRARY_PATH is an option unless beast is set-user-ID
and set-group-ID executable. If this is libtool issue, it may be realted
to recent switch to ELF OpenBSD executables. If so, 1.3.5p3 version of
libtool (OpenBSD ports) is likely to have fixes for it. I'll check if
1.3.5p3 works.

--
Nedko Arnaudov