Re: [Banshee-List] Installing 2.9.1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected in autogen.sh

Hi Nicholas,

its great to hear that there are others active for banshee development!

I tried your master branch with a fresh clone, but sadly its not working.

My gettext version is too old (0.19.7), but this was easy to fix in configure.ac:167-168

make fails now with this error:

me@mysys ~/dev/banshee-arfbtwn $ make
Making all in build
Making all in pkg-config
Making all in m4
  MCS   gconf-schema-extractor.exe
  MCS   translator-extractor.exe
  MCS   ../build/dll-map-verifier.exe
  MCS   addin-xml-string-extractor.exe
  MCS   gobject-intptr-ctor-verifier.exe
Making all in data
Making all in audio-profiles
/usr/bin/msgfmt: cannot locate ITS rules for aac.xml.in
Makefile:732: die Regel für Ziel „aac.xml“ scheiterte
make[3]: *** [aac.xml] Fehler 1
Makefile:683: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
Makefile:669: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
Makefile:597: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
me@mysys ~/dev/banshee-arfbtwn $

I have no clue what this error is talking about. The only thing I found is this:
https://github.com/hhfeuer/Gentoo-Gnome-3.28-X/issues/14, but this seems to be a different case. At least it
didn't helped to install libpolkit-gtk-mate-1-0 (my closest guess).

Next, I opened the project in Monodevelop and there all the library references weren't working again, that
didn't worked last time as well. I cannot remember what this problem was about, but that I had some hard
times to figure this out.

If you have any suggestions I will try them out and I will write them down this time... ;-)

Thank you,

Nicolas