Re: [Banshee-List] Installing 2.9.1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected in autogen.sh

Hi Nicolas,

Yeah, banshee has historically been difficult to build but there's no
reason it should ever have been like that. This was due to its
configure.ac and m4 collection - I don't know why but project
developers seem to have taken the auto out of autotools, you may have
heard it called autohell for that reason, effective misuse of tools,
#Fail.

I've done my best to fix that - those changes are in my master branch,
your tip should be at a14fa807f. In which case you should need no more
than this to successfully build from a fresh clone:

git submodule update --init
autoreconf -fvis
./configure
make
make install

As long as you don't change branch or update the configure.ac/m4 files
then the first two steps can be skipped afterwards.