[Banshee-List] Banshee freezes, sometimes crashing my system

I am running Banshee 2.6.2 in Linux Mint 17.2, and I use an iPhone 5S. My
music library is on a Western Digital external hard drive.

My problem is that Banshee frequently freezes, often crashing my system at
the same time. This is more common when I have my iPhone synced to it, but
it happens in either case.

Alt-Ctrl-Backspace and Alt-Ctrl-Esc typically do not work in this scenario
to restore stability to the operating system.

Thanks.