[Banshee-List] Banshee syncs with iPhone, but I can't transfer songs

Hi -

I am running Banshee 2.6.2 in Linux Mint 17.2, and I use an iPhone 5S. My
music library is on a Western Digital external hard drive.

I can sync my iPhone to Banshee just fine. I can even remove songs from my
iPhone using the Banshee GUI.

However, when I try to put songs from my library onto my iPhone using
Banshee, it doesn't work. The songs /seem/ to be on the iPhone as files:
when I disconnect my music library I can play the songs through Banshee with
my iPhone still attached.

But the songs are not there in the iTunes interface on my iPhone, and I can
find no way to locate or play them after disconnecting from my computer.

This is one of three problems I have with Banshee. I'm planning to do
separate posts, I hope that isn't annoying. I haven't found solutions in a
search of the forum.

Thanks.