Re: [Banshee-List] Building Banshee 2.9.1 on Linux Mint 17.2 (based on Ubuntu 14.04)

I also have an issue installing banshee 2.9.1 in linux mint 17.2.

I did not try your way ( I wasn't aware this was even possible, I know my
around compiling and other terminal stuff but I didn't know about this).

I compile the tarball with all the required packages, and I get an error
after doing ./configure, which is pretty strange, only saw this happen once
and it was with a ragtag aol messenger clone for debian and debian based
distros.

I'm going to try again and show what happens, maybe I can get help, it's
been more than a year that I wanted to install Banshee past 2.9.1, one
reason, although not the most important, is that BPM detection was better
back in Ubuntu 11.10, the last Ubuntu I've used before it became, well, I
won't mince my words, shitty, and discovered LM.

it's an error during make or make install, I forget which, I tried
checkinstall and it didn't help either.

If you've found how to do it on Linux Mint 17 x64, I'd love to hear how.

Thanks.