Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't even start on mac (10.9.3)

To get on the IRC channel you’ll need an IRC client. There are web clients available such as https://kiwiirc.com/client (in this, pick a nickname then type in #banshee in the channel entry. Click the “server and network” dropdown and in the server entry type irc.gimp.net).

As of last night the packages we have gotten the base dependencies for Banshee including Mono and GStreamer to compile. We just need a few Mono dependencies to be able to build Banshee. So today I will look at those. I will also go over the GStreamer dependencies to ensure we have the right plugins and support libraries.

#### Still to do

Figure out if the gconf-dummy package is still needed, though I doubt it with moving to GSettings. I’ll still fix it though to allow building GNOME2 platform stuff. For now it is disabled and it has not hindered compilation the slightest.

Tango-icon-theme, I disabled the png creation features. If they turn out to be needed I’ll have to apply a patch to it and figure out why autoreconf fails. Back burning for now.

## The Banshee Community Extensions dependencies

fftw, libsamplerate, libsdl, libglade

Here fftw is proving to be difficult to get to build, neither Stephan or I have been able to get it to build cleanly yet. libsamplerate should compile cleanly but we need fftw support in the package so it’s held up.
I have not yet attempted libsdl or libglade, the latter I suspect might be a problem (or it might even have been replaced entirely for GNOME3, not sure).

## The webkit dependencies
gperf, enchant, webkit

No idea how hard this will be, pref and enchant are likely easy. webkit could be tricky though. At any rate I will save these for last as we don’t ship the webkit parts on non-Linux presently.

## The Mono dependencies
dbus-sharp, dbus-sharp-glib, taglib-sharp, mono-upnp, monomac, gtk-mac-integration

These should be fairly easy.

Leaving only Banshee itself and Banshee Community Extensions.

I am also nervous about the cmake and taglib packages. Cmake is rather new to me and it doesn’t fit in naturally with bockbuild (e.g. cmake tends to bail out if it hits arguments it doesn’t know such as —enable-debug, arguments bockbuild exports as part of its design) As this is only two packages I don’t think it is worth rearchitecting bockbuild to be aware of both systems, but we will need to make sure that they work correctly for 32-bit and 64-bit builds.

And there’s the elusive universal build to contend with, as well as working with upstream to integrate our new packages. And migrate to the new staged builds in bockbuild master, though this feels broken upstream presently.

#### Done
Meaning it compiles on my machine.

## All the toolchain
autoconf, automake, tar, xz, libtool, gettext, pkg-config, libarchive, ncurses, cmake, bison.

## All the base packages
libpng, libjpeg, libxml2, libffi, libtiff, freetype, fontconfig, pixman, glib, libcroco, cairo, pango, atk, intltool, gdk-pixbuf, util-macros, libepoxy, gtk+3, libgpg-error, libgcrypt, gmp, nettle, gnutls, intltool, glib-networking, sqlite, libsoup

## All the theme packages
librsvg, icon-naming-utils, hicolor-icon-theme, tango-icon-theme

## All the codec packages
libogg, libvorbis, flac, libtheora, speex, wavpack, taglib, lame

Though we can’t ship lame (due to patents)

## All the GStreamer packages
liboil, orc, gstreamer, gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-bad, gst-plugins-ugly

## Some of the Mono packages
mono, gtk-sharp3, mono-addins-gtk3

## Some of the webkit dependencies
zlib, libicu