[Banshee-List] Error when trying to sync a MTP device

I have enabled the "MTP Media Player Support" extension. When running Banshee
from the command line and trying to sync a song to my Walkman (mounted via
MTP/gvfs), I get the following output:

BansheeLog.txt
<http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n4652218/BansheeLog.txt>

In particular, I get an error listing in Banshee which I think corresponds
to the following error:

Besides the output, the actual behavior when syncing is strange. The track
I'm trying to sync actually does appear to get put onto the device in the
MUSIC folder, but there is no effort made to actually "sync" the playlist;
the track is transferred onto the device even if it is already there. The
flow of information seems to be strictly one-way. As well, Banshee sometimes
crashes when trying to mount the device. The display of the total space
usage of the device does not always show up, and when it does, the synced
track(s) show up as "Other" rather than "Music". Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

And if your answer is "update Banshee to version 2.9.1". then I ask that you
either finally add it to the package system or give me detailed instructions
on how to install it from source that a non-developer can follow. I have
already tried unsuccessfully to install it from source, getting bogged down
on a dependency of a dependency of a dependency or the like.