Re: [Banshee-List] Visualizations

Many thanks.  I appreciate it.

On 6/11/2015 6:22 PM, Danny Schmarsel wrote:

You can find patches for building taoframework on recent distributions here:

http://schmatzler.de/my_slackbuilds/banshee/SlackBuilds/taoframework/

The actual tarball for it is on Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/taoframework/

The banshee-community-extensions are on gitorious, but I recommend using my own source:

http://schmatzler.de/my_slackbuilds/banshee/SlackBuilds/banshee-community-extensions/banshee-community-extensions-7ccd277d86ed3fa4de7a0a05bcd91d6d10333010.tar.gz

I reversed some GTK3-related changes in there so all of the extensions will still work with 2.6.x. Somehow the dev's thought porting some of the plugins to the 2.9.x branch and then abandoning it was a good idea.

Building banshee with all extensions is a real mess, I know. I do packages for Slackware on a regular basis. The whole thing with tao and OpenVP is just one side of the coin. In order to get the lyrics plugin running on a non-gnome desktop I had to build gnome-sharp, then build all the extensions and then remove gnome-sharp again because it causes crashes if gnome isn't running. I also had to link banshee against an older version of sqlite lately and ship that with my own package because something broke. Not fun.

If there's no package maintainer for your distribution, you will have to invest a lot of time to get it running. The best way to use banshee is with one of the distributions mentioned on http://www.banshee.fm .

If you really want to dig into the source and build some things yourself, you can look into my sources for Slackware - it's not Debian or Ubuntu, but in the .SlackBuild files you can see how I've built each package. I also tried to include notes that clarify why I did specific things:

http://schmatzler.de/my_slackbuilds/banshee/SlackBuilds/