[Banshee-List] Contribute to Extension: How to start

Hey everybody,
I would like to add a web-source to the Lyrics-Extension. But unfortunately
I have no clue how to compile and test any changes I make in the source
code. (writing the code will be easy)
The small tutorial (http://banshee.fm/contribute/write-extensions/) only
covers how to start a new extension but I'm failing how I can change an
existing one. If somebody would give me some hints, that would really help
me.

Thanks in advance:)