Re: [Banshee-List] Trouble Building Banshee on Linux Mint

"Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote
You need to install gstreamer-sharp:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer-sharp/ (don't use
master, use the last 0.99.0 tag).

Andrés, thanks for the tip, and forgive the ignorance, but I have the same
problem, followed the link and don't know how to install gstreamer-sharp.

Further I'm a little nervous that the message we are addressing from
autogen.sh is:

That is, it's complaining about the lack of a package, which I'd expect to
be managed by aptitude (or apt or apt-get or whatever) and am not sure how
even if I could get the 0.99.0 tag source from that site, and build it
(itself not something I can do) how that would convince autogen.sh that a
package of the name gstreamer-sharp-1.0 is installed.

Any help here appreciated as I'm not finding solutions anywhere to this, and
I'm really trying my hardest to simply succeed in following this:

http://banshee.fm/contribute/write-extensions/

And am failing on issues like this!