Re: [Banshee-List] Transferring settings and ratings from one system to another. Question about coretracks table

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Adrya Stembridge <adrya stembridge gmail com> wrote:
Does Banshee identify files by the URI in the coretracks table,

Yes.

 If I move my tunes back to /storage/music/mp3/ will I get my ratings back?

Yes

 Or can URI's be safely/easily updated in sqlite?

Depends on what you mean by "easily" :) Something like

$ sqlite3 .../banshee.db "UPDATE CoreTracks SET URI = replace(URI, 'file:///OLD/', 'file:///NEW/')"

Note the trailing slashes and make sure the new "file:" URI is legal. Banshee should not be running while you do this.

BTW, this topic comes up regularly. It would make a nice hacking project to add the
above to the Preferences menu:

When the user changes the "Music Folder" entry (and there are already tracks in the old location)
offer to modify the existing tracks in the database (optionally move the actual files as well).

Cheers, Roderich