[Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't even start on mac (10.9.3)

Hi, I'm eager to start using Banshee on my imac on which I'm running OSX
10.9.3. The problem is Banshee doesn't even start. The Banshee icon comes
up, then disappears after a second. No matter how often I try to restart
Banshee it never even starts.

Does anyone know what causes this and if it can be fixed? iTunes is driving
me nuts and I loved Banshee on my Linux system so I hope there's a
solution..

Regards,
Steven