Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee song ratings disappeared

On 18/02/14 13:00, djpemberton wrote:
I hope that I am correctly subscribed to the mailing list!??

Anyway, a little while back almost all (not all) of my song ratings
disappeared from Banshee.

We're sorry to hear about that.

It may have been after an update, but I don't know.

An update from what version to what version?

The songs that I had most recently rated still all had their ratings.
But the ones I had rated earlier had disappeared. Is there anyway to make
sure this doesn't ever happen again? I lost ratings on hundreds of songs!

The only way to make sure this doesn't happen again is file a bug so we
the developers can fix it. Please go to
http://banshee.fm/contribute/file-bugs/

There's also a "workaround" to prevent this: inject the ratings into the
file themselves. This way your ratings are not only on your Banshee DB
but inside them. You can enable this feature in the banshee preferences,
it's called "Sync ratings between library and files".