[Banshee-List] My Ratings Disappeared

I had hundreds of songs rated on Banshee. One day I opened up Banshee and
found that most of my ratings were gone. It has been about a month, I
suppose. I just now have some time to deal with it. I am not sure if it had
to do with an update or something else. Sorry for being so vague.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may have caused it? Is there any way
to get them back? Is there any way to stop it from happening in the future?

Kubuntu 13.10
Banshee always updated from the Kubuntu/Ubuntu repos