Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee writing ID3v1 rather than ID3v2 tags when ripping CDs

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM, William Furnass <will thearete co uk> wrote:
Yet the MP3 files that I rip and encode using Banshee only have ID3v1
tags.  Also, Banshee still writes only ID3v1 and not ID3v2 tags when I
update file tags _after_ ripping:

~/Music/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album $ id3v2 -l 01.\ Track\ 1.mp3

id3v2 has  been unreliable for me, just look at the first few bytes of your MP3 file,
should be "ID3", followed by two bytes of id3v2 version (major, minor).

Also make sure your Banshee is really using gstreamer 1.0 (and not 0.10).

If I understand the code in current Banshee master correctly, bug 658372 is still valid.
But that should only apply to ripping. Editing the metadata later on should use taglib sharp.

Cheers, Roderich