[Banshee-List] How to use Banshee under proxy in Ubuntu?

Hey all,
I am using Banshee 2.6.1 under a proxy in Ubuntu 13.04 64b.

I have already selected the "enable" option for http proxy and use-same-proxy in default settings.
All the proxies have been set properly and I can browse the web from my browsers.

  1. Amazon mp3 store seems to work (I can see the page and browse around)

  2. Accessing internet archive gives the following error
    Error searching the Internet Archive - System.Net.WebException: The request timed out (in `System')
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at InternetArchive.Search.GetResults () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Banshee.InternetArchive.SearchSource.ThreadedFetch (Int32 page) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

  3. Last.fm is stuck at the authentication phase
    1. Finish logging in gives the error
      Last.fm authorization result = TokenNotAuthorized

    2. Try Again gives the error
      Error in Lastfm.Account.RequestAuthorization - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object (in `Lastfm')
        at Lastfm.Account.RequestAuthorization () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

    3. There is no opening of last.fm in any browser in both cases

I can only assume that this is a proxy issue. Can someone help me out?
If not, any ideas as to how to go about solving it?

Thanking You,
J.Elangkumaran
Bill Gates : ”I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because. definitely he will find an easy way to do that... think it different..”