Re: [Banshee-List] Next previous button not working in OSX

Sorry, I understood you wrong, I thought you meant the GUI buttons in banshee. The Mac keyboard buttons Play/Pause, Next, Back do not yet work with Banshee. I've researched this during GSoC and at that time could not find any code samples or documentation on how to hook into those hardware keys. The only project I found that managed to do this was songbird, but it struggled that iTunes still was using the keys and you had to disable iTunes first via a terminal commandline hack. At that time I gave up on that. But now I've seen that spotify somehow managed to do this right, they do have hooks for the hardware keys and iTunes will not fire when using them as long as spotify is open. Still documentation on that is virtually not existing from apple, but chances are I will look into this again.

Greetz
Timo