Re: [Banshee-List] Android Banshee Extension

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 3:12 AM, nstamato <nstamato gmail com> wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have actually very little knowledge of how
various firewalls are set up, and I never had to deal with one. Do you have
any suggestions on how to avoid the port 7 dependence?

It looks like you're using InetAddress.isReachable(), which according
to the java docs, tries to do a ping, and then uses port 7 :
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/InetAddress.html#isReachable(int)

I'd suggest to not do that check, and just try to connect.

--
Bertrand