Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 2.4.0 for Windows 7 stopped playing

2013/1/15 mzman1968
Can someone please help?

I have a very large music collection 1TB and have been extremely frustrated
with finding ANY media player that will manageit without problems. I have
tried over 15 of the most popular and finally found Banshee, which was able
to read all of my files and organize them as they were. I was amazed to
finally find a program that looked and worked great.

Well I played one song and now I am unable to play anything else. I have no
idea what the "idle" icon on the top is,but it is displayed. I have tried
everything and can not get it to play anything. I even uninstalled
everything and reinstalled it and it will no longer play any music.

Please tell me someone can help and I am just missing something simple
because I am at the point of giving up on trying to find a media player to
manage all my music. I think it is a disgrace that they all have so many
bugs or are unbelievably difficult to use AND they have no help what so
ever.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Unfortunately Banshee for Windows is currently in alpha, and it is quite unstable. Besides, it cannot play mp3 files at this moment because of some bugs we hope will be fixed soon. If your music library has OGG files, you will find they play very well, but if they are MP3 files (as common) nowadays in Windows Banshee is not an option, at least IMHO.