[Banshee-List] UTF-8

I have been using Banshee for a long time (currently 2.6.1 on Xubuntu
13.10), but mostly only to stream radio stations (real over-the-air
stations). Lately I have tried to add my MP3 collection to Banshee, but
the filenames and tracks come out a mess. Most of my music is classical,
written by composers who speak languages other than English. These
languages use a lot of diacritics, and every one of them appears in
Banshee as a couple of trash characters. I can still read the file or
tag, but it is annoying.

I tried using other music players and they all display the filenames
and tracks correctly. I searched for this problem and Google gave me a
lot of hits, mostly leading to a bug report that was closed because
someone thought it wasn't a problem in Banshee. I don't understand
this, because the MP3s display correctly everywhere else.

For an example, try viewing the name of a famous composer: Dvořák. His
name appears correctly everywhere on my computer, including other music
players, but in Banshee there are two white boxes for the r-hachek and
two more for the a-acute.

Maybe I'm missing a plug-in or add-on or something?

PS: Having found the website and the mailing list I decided it was high
time that I gave a few bucks to the project. Keep up the good work!