[Banshee-List] is there something like a "portable" banshee?

Hi,

I use Ubuntu on all my computers (my laptop, my desktop at home, my desktop at work), and have all my music on a removable USB disk.

At home I have set up banshee to use a folder inside this disk as the main music source (e.g. it is not seen/used as a media player device, but as a regular folder full of music).

However, the configuration files, logs, cover art, etc are all local files that are stored in
"~/.config/banshee-1" and "~/.cache/media-art" on each computer.

I know I can have my way of experiencing the same banshee across my computers by moving these folders around to other computers, but this is dangerous. If I make changes in one banshee instance, I have to remember to sync them back to the other computers.

My question is thus: is there something like a "portable" banshee?

I mean, is it possible to have a banshee instance completely installed on a portable drive, complete with all essential dependencies (mono-runtime, lame, flac), plugins, db, and of course my own music, and cover art, etc?

So that, for example, if I plug my USB drive on a freshly installed ubuntu, and launch banshee, it will all work as expected?

I guess that I'm looking for something similar to
http://portablelinuxapps.org/

There is no 'portable' banshee listed in that repository ... but I'm curious to know if anyone has tried something along these lines, or is working on making banshee portable.

Cheers,

--
fernan