[Banshee-List] Banshee doesn't start on WinXP

I installed Banshee 2.4.0 on Windows XP Prof SP3 and when I click the Banshee
icon in my start menu, I get a sandclock for some seconds, but Banshee does
not start up. I get no message or anything else.

I really love Banshee from my Linux home machine and now want to get it up
on my company's laptop, also to have my ratings synced. Can you please help?