[Banshee-List] Frustrations with .is_audio_player

Gang:

I was all excited two days ago when I thought I had figured out a way to
manage the media on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Since there seems to be some
issues with libmtp, I decided just to use the external SD card as a USB
device. To do that I created the following .is_audio_player file:

#
# .is_audio_player Configuration File for Banshee
#
# Designed for Samsung Galaxy S3
#
# name of the "device" - in this case the SD card
#
name=S3
# I listed both Music and Video here as if I leave off Video
# it doesn't show up in Banshee
#
audio_folders=Music/,Video/
#
# Location of Video files
#
video_folders=Video/
#
# These formats will allow for encoding into ogg, FLAC and mp3, and
# will allow m4a files to be transferred without encoding.
#
output_formats=audio/ogg,audio/flac,audio/mpeg,video/x-msvideo,audio/mp4
#
# This allows Banshee to make playlists on this device.
playlist_path=Music/Playlists/
playlist_formats=audio/mpegurl, audio/x-mpegurl, audio/m3u

This worked fine and I didn't think much of it until I started to play
with playlists. Then for some reason two things broke.

First, and most frustratingly, banshee (2.4.1) is no longer honoring the
audio_folders entry. If I copy music to the SD card it only goes into
the root directory. The comment I made used to hold true: if I added the
entry with the Video/ directory then my videos would not be seen by
banshee. Now nothing I seem to do works and all files get put in root.

Second, I *did* have .m4a support working, but it seems to have stopped
as well. With the current output_formats line it will only see MP3, but
if I remove "audio/mp4" it will see ogg and flac as well. It seems that
if I play with that for awhile and then add the audio/mp4 line back in,
it will starting working. I know that sounds like crazy talk, but it is
true (grin). All the gstreamer codecs are installed (this is on Ubuntu).
Banshee plays .m4a files with no issues.

Clues?

I loaded up the daily PPA and tried it on 2.5.1, but that version
refused to see the USB drive at all. Is there something new in that
version, and if not should I open a bug?

Finally, I believe I have this working on a 2.4.1 install on my work
desktop. Where does banshee store device information and could something
be cached funky?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-T
--
Tarus BALOG, Maintainer                     Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645