Re: [Banshee-List] unable to use sony walkman in MTP mode

On 09/06/2012 02:50 PM, Srijan Mukherjee wrote:
> I do not wish to subscribe to the list. Just wanted to ask why I am not
> able to use MTP mode with my SONY WALKMAN NWZ-S764 and banshee. When i
> connect the device it only connects in USB Mass storage mode. However
> when i use gMTP I am able to connect the device in MTP mode. Why am I
> unable to do that in banshee. I wish to create playlists for the device
> and MTP is the only way to do it. Any help would be highly appreciated.
> Otherwise Banshee is awesome!!
> Cheers

First of all, the list is very low traffic, so it doesn't hurt to
subscribe and just use a rule to filter it into a folder you can check
from time to time.

Second, I'm having issues with MTP and Banshee that probably has as much
to do with libmtp as it does Banshee. With the latest libmtp and Banshee
2.5.0 I can get my Galaxy S3 to show up, but then Banshee crashes (which
is better than before when it would just crash).

-T

--
Tarus BALOG, Maintainer                     Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645