Re: [Banshee-List] Does Banshee not actually write tags to files?

Banshee has two options - store to its own database (which avoids altering the files, which can be good if you're backing up things that change) or store in the file. If Banshee can see the changes but other apps can't then I expect it has stored them to its own database.

In Banshee 2.6*, go to Edit > Preferences and tick "Sync metadata between library and files".

* I can't remember what it did before that, and whether it auto-syncs or just saves future changes to the file