[Banshee-List] Does Banshee not actually write tags to files?

I recently tagged my collection, pretty thoroughly, using the comments field.
However, I noticed that other players didn't pick up these tags. When I view
the details of a given mp3, the tags that were already there are showing up,
but not the ones I added in Banshee.

Does this mean that Banshee only stores these tags in its own database? Is
there a way I can get these actually written to the files?