[Banshee-List] Music library with multiple encodings

I recently started ripping CDs using both flac and mp3 encoding: flac for
"home" use and mp3 for "mobile" use. Currently, I have different subfolders
flac/mp3 for each album. Is there a way to configure Banshee to "prefer"
flac versions of songs? Maybe a better way to organize my library? Problem
is, I already have a lot of mp3 files (without flac counterparts) and now
have a mix of flac/mp3, so I can't just segregate the two entirely and just
point Banshee to the flac files. I'm sure other users have encountered this
problem, how do people handle this situation?