[Banshee-List] Banshee plugin for PS3 Media server/DLNA server

Greetings,

Alpha release of banshee plugin for PS3 media server is now available at
https://github.com/nhrdl/Banshee-PS3-Me ... ver-Plugin. It is tested with
Banshee 2.2.1 database file and latest PS3 media source code from github.

Why the plugin:
I am a big bollywood music fan. I have fair collection of music which I like
listening from my tablet. My problem was filtering the music as easily as
possible. For example, many songs in bollywood movies are duets. If I want
to listen to songs from certain pair, it was getting very tedious in current
frameworks and those I managed to find and was able to work with my setup.

Most of the DLNA servers were very limited in capabilities in terms of
filtering the music. My plugin sort of helps to fill that gap to some
extent. Banshee, like other many other players, does hold music data in the
easily understandable database format. The plugin code basically acts as an
interface between banshee database and PS3 media server.

You start with one of Artist, Composer, Conductor, Year or Album. You can
keep drilling to one entry, rest of the folder contents are automatically
adjusted based on your selection. So if you start with Artist A, album list
will be adjusted to the list where artist A appears.

Code is currently usable from my machine where I tested it. I am releasing
it with the hope that it will be useful to others also. Most importantly
code is generic enough that it can be easily customized to make it work say
with media monkey database etc. I am also toying with idea of parsing notes
field and showing those entries as well.

Known Issues:
I am not expert of PS3 Media server code. I managed to make it work after
some debugging and reverse engineering the server code. My player is able to
play the music, but comments from dev team are certainly apprecitated if I
am not following any coding/plugin guidelines . It does work on my devices,
but only after inspecting server output where it works and adjusting my
output accordingly.

Banshee DB format can change. It is working with the format available on my
machine. Code is working directly with DB and does not use any Banshee API.
I have discussed the problem in banshee IRC and have some good pointers to
start using API and have started the work to use API.

Music needs to be on local disk - not sure/not tested what happens if the
music urls in banshee db are not local that is does not start with file://

Bugs/comments/suggestions are welcome. Bugs/comments should be entered on
github as I don't frequent forums that much. I do have day job and will try
to adress as many issues as possible as quickly as possible.