Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee extension compilation problems

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for your help - it's working fine now! I don't think I would have figured it out by myself! Now that I've got it working, I can start playing around with it in my spare time. Hopefully, I'll have something to show for my efforts in a few weeks...

Best regards,

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 16:11, Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Donagh Horgan <donagh horgan gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm interested in contributing an extension to Banshee, but I'm having a bit
> of trouble compiling some code - hopefully, someone will be able to offer a
> suggestion to put me back on track.
> Following the instructions at
>, I created and ran the Foo
> extension without a hitch. Next, I created a second extension, called
> Nightingale, using the same method as Foo, and copied in some code from the
> Jamendo extension (I'm interested in the web browser function), replacing
> each instance of "Jamendo" with "Nightingale" (I realize this is not the
> most foolproof method, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the code at the
> moment).
> When I run "make" in the shell, I get the following error: "error CS0234:
> The type or namespace name `WebSource' does not exist in the namespace
> `Banshee'. Are you missing an assembly reference?". The line in question
> runs "public class NightingaleSource : Banshee.WebSource.WebSource", and
> I've got a "using Banshee.WebSource" at the top of the file (as in the
> Jamendo source). I get several other errors too (nine, in total), but they
> all appear to be related to Banshee.WebSource.

The stuff for the Banshee.WebSource and Banshee.WebBrowser namespaces
are provided by a separate assembly, Banshee.WebBrowser.dll.
The way the project is setup, this assembly is not referenced by
default, so you need to add it.

A quick and dirty way would be to add the reference in the
for your extension. The second line in that file should then be
something like this :
LINK = $(BANSHEE_LIBS) -r:/usr/lib/banshee/Banshee.WebBrowser.dll

You need to run "./" after that, and then hopefully "make"
will work...

Adding this "correctly" in the build system is a bit tricky, autotools
are not the simplest tools...
You can have a look at the following files to see how it's done for
the Jamendo extension:

If your code is available somewhere, I'd be happy to help you out with that.

Bertrand Lorentz
banshee-list mailing list
banshee-list gnome org  (unsubscribe here)

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]