Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee versus Clementine versus any other audio software

Hi,

On internet radio playlist, all is explain here : http://banshee.fm/download/archives/2-2-0/
http://git.gnome.org/browse/banshee/commit/?id=8b73d84c147ab9cfb0cc8bd352c55cf664c2dc8c
For the genre, you can open a bug (if it do not ever exist). The patch is pretty small to add genre extention in track.

Olivier Dufour

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair ubuntu com> wrote:
On 16/03/2012 15:15, olivier dufour wrote:

> 1) It does not reliably load streaming internet audio. (Some links do not
> work, some take several tries to load)
> we use gstreamer as backend. So it is maybe the backend issue.
> Anyway, feel free to open a bug on bugzilla with detail.

Weirdly enough, I've never experienced issues streaming in totem what I could
not stream in Banshee. I don't have the streams with me right now, but I
probably should have filed a bug, yes.

> [...]
> 3) It does not come with sets of pre-bookmarked internet radio streams
> We have a list that distribution can set up. So complain to your distribution.

I've tried implementing this in the packaging for Ubuntu and Debian, but it went
to hell as I (as far as I could recall) needed to use one xspf playlist per
genre (unlike Rhythmbox which manages to put everything into a single xspf
playlist), and various other issues I can't remember. I should probably dig out
my branch for this and try again.

The optimal solution would be to have a common format that both Rhythmbox and
Banshee (and potentially other players) can use. Currently, both use xspf for
specifying the default radio stations, but have really different ways of
representing the genre.

For the record, Rhythmbox's xspf playlist can be found here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/precise/rhythmbox/precise/view/head:/plugins/iradio/iradio-initial.xspf

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin