Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee versus Clementine versus any other audio software

On 17/03/2012 02:59, James wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:06:48 -0700, Martin G <ebisumartin gmail com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not expecting any major solutions, but where else can I express
>> what is basically just sadness that after 7 or 8 years, Ubuntu still
>> doesn't have a music application that is as reliable as maybe as many
>> as a dozen, or more, options for other operating systems.
>
> Just a thought here, but why should Banshee, or any other application,
> be exclusively for Ubuntu, or FTM exclsively for KDE/Gnome?  I don't
> use Ubuntu, and it's unlikely that I ever will. Likewise, I don't use
> KDE or Gnome (which at least has the GTK libs so I can run their apps
> apart from their desktop),  By restricting development to particular
> platforms, aren't you drastically limiting the pool of potential
> developers?

Are you sure you're not misreading this? In no case did I see development
restricted to any particular platform. From that quote, I see that Martin G.
uses Ubuntu, and as such restricts his comments to Ubuntu. I see nothing wrong
with that.

>> I don't like Banshee because:
>> It does not reliably load streaming internet audio. (Some links do not
>> work, some take several tries to load)
>> No crossfading
>> It does not come with sets of pre-bookmarked internet radio streams
>
> Whereas I can't imagine any circumstance in which I'd want to access
> an internet radio stream.  We all scratch where we itch :-)

Banshee does not tailor itself only for your use-case. There are many other
users who listen to internet radio streams, and Banshee should cater for them as
well.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin