Re: [Banshee-List] Build latest Banshee tarball on AVLinux?

Hi,

Pick the tarball and open it...
Make sure that all the required dependencies are installed (usually
-devel or -dev packages, dependening on the distro).

run: ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib BuildRequires:
pkgconfig(boo) >= 0.8.1
run: make
run: su -c "make install"

Notes: if you are using a 64 bit, then use '--libdir=/usr/lib64'.

That should be it... Now if you want to know the dependencies, take a look:

BuildRequires:  intltool
BuildRequires:  gnome-doc-utils-devel
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(dbus-sharp-1.0)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(dbus-sharp-glib-1.0)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gconf-2.0)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gconf-sharp-2.0)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gdata-sharp-youtube)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gio-sharp-2.0) >= 2.22.3
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gkeyfile-sharp)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gnome-desktop-2.0)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gtk-sharp-2.0)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gtk-sharp-beans-2.0)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(gudev-sharp-1.0)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(libgpod-sharp)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(libmtp)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(mono)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(mono-addins) >= 0.6.2
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(mono-zeroconf)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(notify-sharp)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(sqlite3)
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(taglib-sharp) >= 2.0.3.5
BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(webkit-1.0)