Re: [Banshee-List] Ipod touch not synching

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately I think that the library that Banshee uses to interact with ipods does not support 4g ipod touch. Banshee uses libgpod (see here: http://www.gtkpod.org/wiki/Libgpod). I downloaded the latest source available and it looks like they state that it won't work:

iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4/iPad/Nano 6g are still unsupported in this release.
However, libgpod now has a mechanism to dynamically load
a module named $libdir/libgpod/libhashab.so. This will be useful to
easily enable support for these devices if someone comes up with a
way to compute the music database checksum.

Without seeing your log files my best guess is that this is your issue. Once libgpod introduces the support for your device Banshee would be able to pick up it up.

-Phil

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM, G. <pegngaryubuntu gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:18 PM, garypeg <pegngaryubuntu gmail com> wrote:
> I've got an ipod touch and it will read the ipod and play music that's on the
> ipod and not on the computer.  It will try to sync and it thinks it has but
> the ipod does not seem to recognize the changes.  I synced one time from
> Banshee and had it delete everything on the ipod and replace it with what's
> on computer.  The next time I tried to use the ipod with Banshee I got an
> error 15 message ( I think but I may not have that right) , the fix for
> which I found and implemented successfully.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 11.10.  4g ipod touch.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>

> garyk

To clarify, when I deleted everything on the ipod, the ipod would not
play the music that Banshee said it had put on the ipod.

garyk