Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee as a UPnP client

Hi,

See answers below...

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Alexander Kojevnikov <alexk gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Bertrand,
>
> Please see below...
>
> On 16 January 2012 17:14, Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Alexander Kojevnikov <alexk gnome org> wrote:
>>> Hi Bertrand,
>>>
>>> Thank you for working on this, it was on my TODO list for awhile, but
>>> unfortunately I never found time...
>>>
>>> On 15 January 2012 02:27, Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com> wrote:
[snip]

>>> I'm very saddened to hear about Scott.

[snip]

>>> Why not commit it to the main repo at mono/mono-upnp? In August I
>>> asked Miguel to add this repo to the Banshee team, we now have full
>>> access to it.
>>
>> What code are you thinking about when you say "commit it" ?
>> There are quite some commits that are only in Scott's repo [1], and
>> some interesting ones in Tobias's repo [2], I will push them to
>> mono/mono-upnp.
>>
>> To copy some of the sources of Mono.Upnp into the Banshee source tree,
>> I've started from Tobias "extreme_clean" branch [3]. I don't think
>> this one should be in mono/mono-upnp, as it removes a lot potentially
>> useful code.
>
> I merged in (but didn't push yet) both Scott's (master) and Tobias's
> (gsoc_2011) branches to mono/mono-upnp's master. If there are no
> objections I will push it.
>
> There are several forks of Scott's repo and a few potentially
> interesting commits, I'm going to review and cherry-pick them as well.

Please do, you probably know that code better than me, so you'll be
more efficient at it :)

> The extremely_clean branch adds autotools support and removes a bunch
> of sub-projects (including unit tests), I agree it's not a good idea
> to merge it in as it is. Autotools support looks interesting though
> and will be eventually needed to make a release.

I think the autotools stuff in the extreme_clean branch has been
generated by MonoDevelop. You could probably do the same for the
master branch to get Makefile.am and friends quickly.

> Perhaps Tobias (CCed) has some comments on that branch?
>
> I guess I could take over mono-upnp maintainership as far as patch
> reviewing and releasing is concerned, though I cannot commit to
> actually developing it as I'm not very familiar with UPnP specs. Of
> course, if someone else want to take it -- don't be shy!

It'd be great if you could do that !
I was going to merge my branch with the bundled mono-upnp code for the
2.3.4 release tomorrow, but I'll hold off on that if we can have a
release of a full mono-upnp in a few weeks.
Feature freeze for Banshee is on February 15th, so it needs to land
before that, and earlier is better, of course :)