Re: [Banshee-List] install using PPA not correct version

You are probably correct, I had installed banshee from ubuntu repos prior.  I
have tried to purge and re-install from the PPA using

sudo apt-get remove banshee
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get purge banshee
sudo apt-get install banshee

Currently;

'which banshee' shows '/usr/bin/banshee', and

'banshee --version' shows 'Banshee 2.3.5 (2.3.5) http://banshee.fm'

I noticed /usr/bin/banshee is a script, so I mod'ed it to echo its exec
line, and
'banshee' shows 'exec -a banshee mono  /usr/lib/banshee/Banshee.exe'

Help->About still shows 1.8.1, however.