Re: [Banshee-List] Can't stop music playing

On 02/17/2012 07:14 AM, Daniel Hughes wrote:
Somehow I ended up with music playing after I closed banshee. I thought this might be because of the sound menu integration in ubuntu 11.10. So I went to the sound menu, but that doesn't think anything is playing. If I start banshee again it plays over the top of the existing music.

I went to system monitor and killed the banshee process. but the music kept playing. I then went to the terminal and typed killall banshee. but it said: banshee: no process found. So I did killall mono to make sure. But still the music played on and on.

What process do I need to kill to stop the music? It's driving me slightly crazy.

You help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel
_______________________________________________ banshee-list mailing list banshee-list gnome org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list (unsubscribe here)
Try killing gstreamer.
That seems to be the process that Banshee uses to play music..