Re: [Banshee-List] error when building dependencies for Banshee thru Git [mac osx]

2012/4/5 Timo Dörr <timo latecrew de>:

> can you copy the pixman errors + some more lines above as context when using
> bockbuild? What specific bockbuild fork do you use? Also, did you try
> deleteing the pixmap-*.tar.gz file as David suggested? You can also try my
> updated bockbuild fork from github which will build the deps:
> https://github.com/Dynalon/bockbuild though banshee will crash due to a bug
> in latest pango that I'm stuck on, too :

Speaking of your bockbuild fork, I have been trying to build all of
Banshee's deps with clang 3.1 (svn snapshot from xcode 4.4 preview 2)

pkg-config needs to build with -std=gnu89

glib entirely refuses to build with clang so that one I need to force
to use llvm-gcc (should probably file a report upstream for this, will
do more testing first though)

libgcrypt needs to build with -std=gnu89 and -fheinous-gnu-extensions
(which btw is the best named option ever) and requires this patch
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/devel/libgcrypt/files/clang-asm.patch

gst-plugins-good needs OBJC defined as clang and --disable-taglib
(since we use taglib-sharp I assume this is not a big problem)
I assume that Banshee is going to move with GNOME to GStreamer
0.11/1.0 soon as that is a goal for GNOME 3.6 so I am not going to
spend a lot of time looking at that one.

I am still fighting mono-addins which seems to have been angered by
autotools somehow and refuses to get past the configure stage.

My local bockbuild has a few version bumps as well, I will fork yours
and prepare a pull request. Everything built with -m32 -arch i386 -O3
against the 10.7 SDK. I see no point in supporting < Lion post Banshee
2.4, likewise I am going to argue for supporting x86_64 since that is
all Lion supports, however for now I have been building for i386

Overall I am very impressed with how clang has improved, with 2.9 and
3.0 it was practically impossible to build everything we need for
Banshee. Go clang people, you rock.