Re: [Banshee-List] Audioscrobbler upload failed - Last.FM

Hi,

I'm glad that we at least have a way for you to scrobble going forward!

You are right, &, <, >, ', and " are reserved characters in XML since they are used in the syntax. The thing is that I thought that the XmlWriter class that Banshee uses would convert these into valid values when writing to the cache but it seems that either my assumption is incorrect or somehow it isn't being converted for another reason.

It seems to me that we need to add more robust error checking around the submission of tracks to the queue for Last.fm or at the very least in the Xml cache writing/loading process. Would it also be possible for you to attach a few examples of the weird entries in your audioscrobbler-queue.xml as well? This way we can be sure we will be catching all scenarios.

Dylan,

Thanks for the information, it was extremely helpful and definitely saved time.

-Phil