[Banshee-List] Instruct banshee to refresh the playlists and their contents.

Hi, I have been writing some mostly silly functions for a remote control that I use with my computer.
I've gotten a button to add the currently playing track in banshee to a 'Favourites' playlist, I thought this would be a very convenient way to build up a list of favourite tracks.

It works by manipulating banshee's sqlite database file directly and as such the changes don't reflect immediately in banshee presumably due to caching.

My question is if there is a way to instruct banshee to refresh its playlists? perhaps via command line or using dbus or similar.

This would just be a convenience, The most important thing for me is just that the tracks were saved and will eventually show up.

Thank you for any help and suggestions!

From Dylan.